With the huge, new focus on developing giant data sets – for analytics, for micro-targeting – some sponsors have lost their way on sponsorship, shifting the focus from people and passion to data acquisition.
Here’s my take on how the two focal points for sponsorship use data, the pros, cons, and how they impact on brand results.
Need more assistance?
For all you need to know about best practice sponsorship selection, leverage, measurement, management, and more, you may want to get a copy of The Corporate Sponsorship Toolkit.
AU: +61 2 9559 6444
US: +1 612 326 5265
© Kim Skildum-Reid. All rights reserved. For republishing information see Blog and White Paper Reprints.
If you liked that post, then try these...
- 6 Critical Strategies for Sponsorship Negotiation
- Should a Sponsor Exit if an Event is Cancelled?
- Tour Announcement: In-House Sponsorship Training and Strategy Sessions, Jan/Feb 2020
- 11 Good Reasons to Exit a Sponsorship (and 5 Bad Ones)
- What Should a Sponsor Do If a Rightsholder Doesn’t Deliver Contracted Benefits?