With the huge, new focus on developing giant data sets – for analytics, for micro-targeting – some sponsors have lost their way on sponsorship, shifting the focus from people and passion to data acquisition.
Here’s my take on how the two focal points for sponsorship use data, the pros, cons, and how they impact on brand results.
Need more assistance?
For all you need to know about best practice sponsorship selection, leverage, measurement, management, and more, you may want to get a copy of The Corporate Sponsorship Toolkit.
AU: +61 2 9559 6444
US: +1 612 326 5265
© Kim Skildum-Reid. All rights reserved. For republishing information see Blog and White Paper Reprints.
If you liked that post, then try these...
- 40+ Corporate Sponsorship Resources for CMOs (Updated)
- 8 Toxic Traits a Corporate Sponsorship Manager Shouldn’t Have
- If You Can’t Explain Sponsorship to Your Grandma, You’ve Got It All Wrong
- How to Get Internal Buy-In for a Diamond-in-the-Rough Sponsorship
- How to Manage (or Get Rid of) a Senior Executive’s Pet Sponsorship