If you are a sponsorship seeker (AKA property or rightsholder), consulting with Kim Skildum-Reid will provide you with the direction and advice to markedly improve your marketability to sponsors and build your audience.
Consulting for sponsorship seekers varies with the needs of the client, but typically will include the components listed below.
Please note, if you are a sponsorship seeker and looking for someone to sell sponsorship on your behalf (a broker), please note that Power Sponsorship does not offer this service. You may be interested in our broker registry, which lists a number of sponsorship brokers from around the world.
Overall strategy development forms the crux of most consulting projects for sponsorship seekers, and will typically include strategies to:
- Identify your best commercial assets, as well as those that will only waste your time and resources.
- Create a workable sponsorship structure and hierarchy.
- Secure new sponsors and maximise revenue from them.
- Maximise revenues from current sponsors, including reinventing underperforming sponsorships.
- Address strategic, political, and relationship issues with current sponsors.
- Structure sponsorship revenues for maximum flexibility.
- Extend the functional geographic reach and timeframe of your properties.
- Increase the value of smaller properties, making them “punch above their weight” in sponsorship revenues.
- Streamline the sponsorship process and framework.
Hit list development
In addition to providing an overall strategy, Kim will also work closely with you to develop a hit list of potential sponsors, including:
- Identifying the best options for sponsorship – some obvious, and some far more creative options.
- Prioritising potential sponsors.
- Identifying their hot buttons for sale.
Sponsors expect bespoke offers that tell them how your property meets their marketing and larger business needs. To that end, Kim will:
- Develop a strong sponsorship proposal template.
- Create specific and customised offers for priority sponsors.
- Build and document individual business cases for saying “yes”.
Marketing plan development
You can’t sell sponsorship without a strong, engaged audience. As part of the consultancy, Kim will:
- Assess your current marketing plan and provide feedback.
- Provide strategies to maximise the effectiveness of media gained from media partners.
- Harness sponsor leverage programs to extend and amplify your marketing plan.
- Use social media and other marketing assets to maximum effect.
After-sale servicing is a critical factor to sponsorship success, and as such, Kim will provide strategies for:
- Increasing the engagement of sponsors and the results they get from their investment in your property.
- Shifting the burden of sponsorship measurement to your sponsors.
- Facilitating sponsor cross-promotion.
- Timely and appropriate reporting.
- Issues management.
Sponsorship doesn’t work in a vacuum, so buy-in is essential to ensure understanding, support, and uptake of the new approach, Kim will undertake all of the following:
- Involving key decision-makers and influencers in the strategy development process.
- Incorporating rationale for all recommendations in the strategy.
- Providing intensive training and coaching for the frontline sponsorship and/or marketing team.
- Providing training on the basics of best practice sponsorship and how to harness it to a broader stakeholder group.
- Addressing the executive committee (as appropriate), providing a comfort level with a move to best practice sponsorship.
Creating a consistent approach to sponsorship
In addition to the training outlined above, Kim will provide a compliment of tools and templates to support the strategy and new approach. If appropriate, we can also provide training, tools and templates, and a manual for your regional offices, member organisations, or across a federated structure.
Want to discuss sponsorship consulting with Kim Skildum-Reid? Drop us a line!
PH (AU): +61 2 9559 6444
PH (US): +1 612 326 5265