It’s legal (unless the ambusher is really careless).
And it works really well, when it’s done well.
In short, sponsors could learn a lot from ambushers. You’ll be better at leverage, you’ll be more resourceful and creative, and you’ll protect yourself from being ambushed. Don’t dismiss these techniques, just because they are usually used by ambushers. There’s nothing stopping you borrowing them.
To that end, I’ve chosen a select few ambush marketing blogs, to get you up to speed on the opportunities and threats presented by this controversial and interesting marketing medium.
If you like any of these, I encourage you to share them on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or whatever social media you prefer. Let’s spread the word!
Recommended ambush marketing blogs
This no-judgement book looks at how great ambush is done (consider it your peek behind the curtain), how to prevent it, and the legal implications.
Note: Amazon is having some issues with stock, but if you click “other buying options”, it will bring you to a selection of other Amazon merchants who are offering new books right now.
Power Sponsorship assistance
If you need assistance with mounting an ambush, preventing ambush, or building an ambush-related legal case, I can help! Drop me a line on email@example.com to discuss:
- Sponsorship consulting
- In-house sponsorship training – For your frontline team or your larger stakeholder group, training is very high-leverage
- Sponsorship strategy sessions – Let me facilitate your next strategy development session!
- Portfolio audits
- Sponsorship coaching
I’m in Australia, but work with clients on six continents. I look forward to hearing from you!
If you liked that post, then try these...
- Sochi Ambush Marketing, Courtesy of the Wrong Olympics and a Brilliant Audi Fan
- Olympic Ambush Analysis – Part 6: I Hope You Don’t Want Fries with That
- Olympic Ambush Analysis – Part 7: The Cheeky, the Sneaky, and the Brilliant
- Bad Idea #98: Needlessly Increasing Your Sponsorship Level
- Are Lawyers Finally Seeing Sense on Ambush Marketing?