It’s legal (unless the ambusher is really careless).
And it works really well, when it’s done well.
In short, sponsors could learn a lot from ambushers. You’ll be better at leverage, you’ll be more resourceful and creative, and you’ll protect yourself from being ambushed. Don’t dismiss these techniques, just because they are usually used by ambushers. There’s nothing stopping you borrowing them.
To that end, I’ve chosen a select few ambush marketing blogs, to get you up to speed on the opportunities and threats presented by this controversial and interesting marketing medium.
If you like any of these, I encourage you to share them on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or whatever social media you prefer. Let’s spread the word!
Recommended ambush marketing blogs
This no-judgement book looks at how great ambush is done (consider it your peek behind the curtain), how to prevent it, and the legal implications.
Note: Amazon is having some issues with stock, but if you click “other buying options”, it will bring you to a selection of other Amazon merchants who are offering new books right now.
If you liked that post, then try these...
- Video Tutorial: Ambush Marketing Basics in About 10 Minutes
- For Maximum Impact, Forget the Event, Concentrate on the Event Experience
- Olympic Ambush Analysis – Part 6: I Hope You Don’t Want Fries with That
- Olympic Ambush Marketing Analysis – Part 1: Nike vs Adidas… Again
- How the World Cup Ambushed Itself