It’s legal (unless the ambusher is really careless).
And it works really well, when it’s done well.
In short, sponsors could learn a lot from ambushers. You’ll be better at leverage, you’ll be more resourceful and creative, and you’ll protect yourself from being ambushed. Don’t dismiss these techniques, just because they are usually used by ambushers. There’s nothing stopping you borrowing them.
To that end, I’ve chosen a select few ambush marketing blogs, to get you up to speed on the opportunities and threats presented by this controversial and interesting marketing medium.
If you like any of these, I encourage you to share them on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or whatever social media you prefer. Let’s spread the word!
Recommended ambush marketing blogs
This no-judgement book looks at how great ambush is done (consider it your peek behind the curtain), how to prevent it, and the legal implications.
Power Sponsorship assistance
If you need assistance with mounting an ambush, preventing ambush, or building an ambush-related legal case, I can help! Drop me a line on email@example.com to discuss:
- Sponsorship consulting
- In-house sponsorship training – For your frontline team or your larger stakeholder group, training is very high-leverage
- Sponsorship strategy sessions – Let me facilitate your next strategy development session!
- Portfolio audits
- Sponsorship coaching
I’m in Australia, but work with clients on six continents. I look forward to hearing from you!
© Kim Skildum-Reid. All rights reserved. For republishing information see Blog and White Paper Reprints.
If you liked that post, then try these...
- Alcohol Sponsorship Ban a Red Herring (Irish Edition)
- Olympic Ambush Analysis – Part 5: Welcome to the Sponsorship Nanny State
- Olympic Ambush Marketing Analysis – Part 4: We Own You
- Olympic Ambush Analysis – Part 6: I Hope You Don’t Want Fries with That
- The Captain Kirk Guide to Breaking Sponsorship Rules