Let’s face it, Chief Marketing Officers don’t really need to be experts at sponsorship. If you’re a CMO, though, you do need to know at least the basics, so that you can lead a team that will make the most of this powerful medium. Here are a few resources that will help. It’s probably an hour of reading, maybe 90 minutes – but the questions you’ll ask of your team after you spend that time could make a huge difference in your results and the accountability of your sponsorship program.
If you like any of these, I encourage you to share them on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or whatever social media you prefer. Let’s spread the word (and thank you)!!
Last Generation Sponsorship – Downloaded over 700,000 times!
This is my new book for corporate and government sponsors, and anyone who wants to understand that side of the business. Forewords by industry heavy-hitters, JW Cannon and Rob Fleming. Available in paperback, Kindle, and on iTunes.
I bet you’ll never measure sponsorship the same after seeing this.
Power Sponsorship assistance
If you need assistance getting your leverage program up to scratch, getting internal buy-in, or measurement, I can help! Drop me a line on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss:
- Sponsorship consulting
- In-house sponsorship training – For your frontline team or your larger stakeholder group, training is very high-leverage
- Sponsorship strategy sessions – Let me facilitate your next strategy development session!
- Portfolio audits
- Sponsorship coaching
I’m in Australia, but work with clients on six continents. I look forward to hearing from you!
If you liked that post, then try these...
- 7 Sponsorship Practices that should be Hit by a Meteor – Part 2
- Is It a Good Idea to Sponsor Something Historic?
- Think an Online Form Will Make Sponsorship Selection Easier? Think Again!
- 5 Things Your Sponsorship Consultant Won’t Tell You
- Yes, Virginia… People Do Know Sponsorship is a Commercial Arrangement